Is ELP Holding You Back? Take the Quiz and Find Out Today.
Take the ELP Quiz.
Excessive Logical Thinking, also called ELP, is a type of rigidity syndrome identified and coined by the creator of Aspier.org. It can drastically reduce one’s ability to socialize, thereby making it difficult to forge new connections and maintain existing relationships.
First, there’s no need to take this quiz when there is a diagnosis of any of the following, as ELP is present by definition:
You can use this ELP quiz to assess yourself, or get a clearer idea of whether or not ELP is affecting someone you’re close to.
- 1 = strongly disagree
- 2 = disagree
- 3 = neither agree nor disagree
- 4 = agree
- 5 = strongly agree
Use the numbers above to agree, disagree, or respond neutrally to the statements below:
- I am very routine-oriented, a creature of intense habit.
- Others would describe me as rigid or inflexible.
- When I lose my temper, it can be described as explosive.
- I have a difficult timedealing with an unexpected change in plans.
- When people disagree or have a problem with me, I have a hard time understanding what I’ve done wrong.
- During arguments and debates, I have no trouble admitting when I do recognize that I’m wrong.
- It’s very important to me that situations be fair and just.
- I’ve been diagnosed with OCD, but exposure therapy didn’t work for me.
- I don’t know what this “gray area” business is. It’s black, or it’s white.
- I’ve been told that I’m socially awkward, and that I don’t pick up on social cues so well.
- People think I’m quirky.
- It’s important to stick to The Rules.
- Facts are most important to me. I read a lot to acquire more of them.
- I never get tired of my favorite shows, movies, and books.
- My friends and loved ones don’t come to me for deep, meaningful conversations. Facts only over here.
- It’s hard for me to share my emotions with others; I’m not comfortable expressing that.
(1-39 ) unlikely you have an ELP issue
(40-49) possible you have an ELP issue
(50 and above) likely you have an ELP issue
TO FINISH THE ELP QUIZ: Add up the numbers you gave to rate each statement. If your score for the ELP Quiz is a 40 or above we welcome you to click here and submit your scores (in detail for each question). We will review your results and share our feedback. Our goal is to provide more information and resources to help you or someone you love become more connected, and communicative. Remember, knowledge is power!